2011-11-08

Places to play Chess

At work there is now a large number of people who have started playing chess around lunch time. Most of them have not studied much chess but it is very enjoyable to sit and watch them. I have played a few times with them but it is not as fun as watching them play each other. Sometimes trash talking starts and it is even more fun when someone makes a comment while watching a game that ruins it. :) It is a good break to sit and watch some people play chess even if I am not playing. I have been working towards starting my studying again. The past year has been very difficult for personal reasons and I have been too busy to play or study chess very much. Things are finally starting to calm down and I think I am ready to start playing again. Last month I read the book Chess Tactics for the Tournament Player by Lev Alburt and Sam Palatnik. It is a fairly good book and it was nice to study chess again. Just to follow up with the title of the post: Where are some cool places you like to play chess and what are you currently studying?

3 comments:

  1. This is my chess training camp; http://www.konditorifagelsangen.se/

    The best café worldwide.

    It is where I try to understand the moves in whatever book I am reading (currently Pandolfini's "Russian Chess")

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool - seems like a good place to go :) It is probably quiet and relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A nice place to play chess: http://www.infinitychess.com

    ReplyDelete